Baby Care Classes Online
Baby Care and Postpartum Adjustment
For many parents, the first baby they hold is their own! While preparing for the birth is SO important, it’s equally important to learn about what to expect once the baby is home.
Our baby care and infant CPR classes will give you the information you need to know for that first month with baby and to keep your baby safe. From learning how to effectively calm your baby down, deal with feeding issues and preparing you for the realities of the transition to becoming a parent.
These classes are designed to ease your transition into parenthood so that you can feel supported while you figure out your new family balance.
Save with the “Baby Bundle” or “Parenting Plus” packages
10% off Baby Bundle ~ 1 Baby Care and 1 Infant CPR
$75 +HST per couple
Pregnancy is a time busy with preparations and celebrations for your upcoming birth, but it can also offer you the chance to reflect on your life once your new little one has arrived! In this workshop we will pick up where most prenatal classes leave off. You will be encouraged as you learn more about infants and their needs, and reflect on both your excitement and worries as you approach the birth of your baby.
- Baby Care basics (Bathing, clothing, diapering options)
- Soothing and comforting your baby
- Breastfeeding (chest-feeding) basics. Feeding cues, patterns, and what to expect in the first month
- Get organized – tips for a stress free month after baby arrives
- Relationship tips and tricks – communication and expectations
- It takes a Village – Support options and why its important to have help
- Baby wearing – benefits
Nov 26th ONLINE 9am-12pm
Jan 28th ONLINE 9am-12pm
Mar 18th ONLINE 9am-12pm
$100 +HST per couple
Infant CPR training by 2HEALTH: creating confident rescuers since 1992
Important key learnings participants will walk away from the workshop with:
- An understanding of typical newborn behaviours and a plan on how to best cope with the integration of a new baby into the family.
- Practical tips on how to prepare their home for the new baby.
- Understanding of various options for sleep arrangements, feeding, and infant care that will fit with the different needs of different families.
- Skills for emergency situations
Detailed workshop content:
Preventing & recognizing emergencies and when to call 911
- Learning how to rescue in 60 seconds
- Practicing Choking rescue skills, CPR, head injury rescue and more first aid skills
- Car Seat installation tips & Water safety
- Role-play scenarios, take-home package & fun quizzes
- What should be in a first aid kit or home? car? diaper bag?