Postpartum Doula Care
In the weeks that you bring your baby home, you are in recovery. You may be recovering from a labour and/or adjusting to a new demanding schedule and learning about who are you as a parent. It’s a big adjustment. Postpartum doula to the rescue!
Your postpartum doula takes care of you so that you can take care of your baby and your family. They are experienced in baby care, feeding, sleep issues and postpartum adjustment. They come as often or as little as you need so that you have the support you need as you find balance with your new life as a parent.
Reach out today to meet some of our doulas and choose the right one for YOU!
What does a postpartum doula do?
Our postpartum doula care is offered at different rates according to the number of hours you initially book. A postpartum doula can come one time or every day, and offer services that may include but are not limited to:
- Hands-on education on infant and parent care (feeding, bathing, diapering, calming techniques)
- Create a nurturing, restful atmosphere in which parents may eat, shower and nap
- Introduce parenting tips, help parents to learn skills that will enable them to cope with their new responsibilities
- Screen for hurdles such as feeding challenges or postpartum mood disorders
- Shop for groceries and prepare meals
- Help with light housework such as laundry, washing dishes, sweeping floor, etc
- Refer to other care providers should your needs exceed our scope of practice
- Emotional support and processing of feelings about the birth or what it feels like to have the baby at home
- Other duties to be discussed with client at time of contract signing
COVID-19 and working with doulas
COVID-19 has changed how we all work and live. It’s no different for us, but you’re still having a baby and still need this valuable support. As professionals, here is what we will commit to:
- Wash hands thoroughly at home before we come to you, and again on arrival at your home, and frequently throughout each day
- Avoid touching our eyes, nose, mouth
- Use your cleaning products to wipe down surfaces in your home as requested
- Change clothes upon entry to your home when using public transit, and between clients
- Check ourselves daily for symptoms
- Call you immediately if we or anyone in our home, or anyone whom we’ve been in contact with, shows symptoms
We will also rely on you to let US know if anyone in your family has had any exposure to anyone with the virus or has any signs of illness.
Ready to Meet With Us?
Meet a birth doula for a complimentary interview to see if they’re a good match for you. Meet the team before you decide. You’ll be inviting them to be with you at your most vulnerable, so it’s important that you feel comfortable in their care. We cover the Greater Toronto Area, including Aurora, Newmarket, the Kawarthas, Peterborough, Barrie, and Durham Region.
Each shift is a minimum of 4 hours in length for daytime and 8 hours for overnight shifts. You can create a schedule for how many times per week your doula visits you according to your needs.
4-49hrs $45/hr (+hst)
50 or more hrs $40/hr (+hst)
Overnight support is $340/night for 8 hours.
A retainer for two weeks of care is required to confirm your doula care. You will be billed at the end of each week until it’s time to use your retainer (typically for the last two weeks of care). Short-term bookings are paid in full prior to service.
If you’d like to extend your contract with your doula, please give us notice as soon as possible so that we can reserve your time with your preferred doula.
See Terms of Service for full details.
What Our Clients Are Saying
Hearing from clients is part of what makes this work so rewarding. Below are some testimonials we’ve gotten from wonderful people working with The Nesting Place.
“A world of difference for us”
“My partner and I had an excellent experience with The Nesting Place. Our son spent the first month in hospital and from the first night at home, we had the wonderful Ali Santin and Sarah McKee helping us as Night Doulas. Sarah ended up staying with us until our son turned 4 months. She was very helpful and knowledgeable with a newborn, making a world of difference for us first time parents. Highly recommend hiring The Nesting Place and their wonderful Doulas!”
“Had an incredible experience”
“We had an incredible experience with The Nesting Place and the night doula services. Elimar provided us with overnight support and honestly we would not have survived those first weeks without her!! She was so kind, caring, and helpful with the baby. She even assisted with getting our daughter on a sleep/feeding schedule. I looked forward to her arrival every night! I highly recommend Elimar and The Nesting Place.”
“She made us feel very comfortable”
“We had an amazing experience with Sarah M. Not only is she warm and lovely but she is excellent with kids, especially tricky babies. She made us feel very comfortable and supported and she also saved us from takeout dinners with her delicious meal prep. We can’t recommend Sarah enough, she made the postpartum experience much smoother for us.”