Each shift is a minimum of 4 hours in length and you can create a schedule for how many times per week your doula visits you according to your need. The hourly rate is based on the number of hours booked at the time of booking.
4-49hrs $45/hr (+hst)
50 or more hrs $40/hr (+hst)
A retainer for two weeks of care is required to confirm your doula care. You will be billed at the end of each week until it’s time to use your retainer (typically for the last two weeks of care). Short-term bookings are paid in full prior to service.
If you’d like to extend your contract with your doula, please give us notice as soon as possible so that we can reserve your time with your preferred doula.
See Terms of Service for full details.
What does a postpartum doula do?
Our postpartum doula care is offered at different rates according to the number of hours you initially book. A postpartum doula will visit as often as you need and offer services that may include but are not limited to:
- Hands-on education on infant and parent care (feeding, bathing, diapering, calming techniques)
- Create a nurturing, restful atmosphere in which parents may eat, shower and nap
- Introduce parenting tips, help parents to learn skills that will enable them to cope with their new responsibilities
- Screen for hurdles such as feeding challenges or postpartum mood disorders
- Shop for groceries and prepare meals
- Help with light housework such as laundry, washing dishes, sweeping floor, etc
- Refer to other care providers should your needs exceed our scope of practice
- Emotional support and processing of feelings about the birth or what it feels like to have the baby at home
- Other duties to be discussed with client at time of contract signing